Sunday, March 13, 2005

What's a mom to do?

My children think that I am not "up with the times." Fair enough. But I wonder, sometimes, if any mom has EVER been "up" with the times in their children's minds?

That is part of the reason I went back to college after a whole lotta years. To get back into the current flow of the world, to learn to use a computer, and get a degree. I wanted to prove to myself and my kids that I was capable of moving forward and expanding all of my options for the future.

Computers certainly weren't part of the world that I grew up in, but I thought I turned out okay considering I had a "deprived childhood." It was a scary proposition, though, to change everything and start something totally new!!!

So here I am, and I have even done well enough in my college endeavor to become a member of Phi Theta Kappa. Not too bad for a mere mom, eh? I look forward to learning it all!!!

2 comments:

lizzyjane said...

Congratulations....., a word of advice,....
Don't get too drunk at any keggers!.

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks, I will do my best, but yaaannnnooooo how hard that is (heee) Wow, my first response... how exciting! I have been heard in the world!!! Thanks again, and keep looking... you will see me again! Bye for now.