Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thursday

Well, it is Thursday and still no word from my wayward son...

I suppose that he is having such a good time that he hasn't thought at all about old mom! I am sure that they would have told me if something bad had happened. I don't have the same sense of foreboding anymore, so I will just ride it out for the next three days until he gets home.

My daughter, wherever, has been loving it with her brother away. We have been reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, in preparation for the next installment, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I am sure it isn't hard to figure out that they are big on fantasy stuff, considering we were so thrilled by Star Wars. We have spent many happy hours reading about Hogwarts and it's inhabitants. I am just supremely grateful to J.K. Rowlings for helping me so much to inspire a love of reading in my kids, and for giving us a venue for spending time together!

My daughter and I have been painting, too, and it has been very rewarding to see her stretch herself creatively. She needs to stop being so self critical, though. (Of course, I can't say much because I am my own worst critic, too.)


I have also found a great source for knitting supplies, called Knit Picks. It has some very good prices on yarns! I am going to make myself something fun this summer to wear for the fall.

I am glad I decided to take the summer off from classes after all.~~~

No comments: