Sunday, January 01, 2006

And another one bites the dust

Happy New Year! my dear friends and fellow bloggers,

It has been raining in this neck of the woods for 2 solid weeks, and my family and I are more than a little afflicted with cabin fever. It is one of the perks of living in a rainforest, but there are times when you just need a little bit of a change, ya know?! Makes a person crabby and glum. The roads on all sides of us are flooded, so no incoming gas, no grocery trucks, no snailmail... We Loaded up on the staples today from the market. I hope things clear up soon!
My nephew and his wife came up from San Diego while he is on leave from the marines, and it took them 3 days to get here. They arrived yesterday. They literally had to convince someone on the last leg of the journey to take them up a fire trail across the mountains above us to get into town!!! I am not sure who they had to bribe to do that, either! There are areas just a few miles down the road from here that are under 5 feet of water, so I am extremely grateful that we are at least not floating away... There is another storm heading this way, so say a prayer for California, please!

But to get back to New Year's Wishes.
Thank you for a very interesting and informative year. I have learned a lot 'bout the world (be afraid. be very afraid!) Yes, Virginia, there are some really Weird people out there!!! My kind of people... There are some really nice ones, too.

Actually, it has been a lot of fun!

So, what has this blog taught me? Here are the highliughts:

*I have learned some about HTML, and this is always a good thing when mastering the beast that is computer. Proof positive that an old dog CAN be taught new tricks!

*People may actually like my cooking. Somewhere out there my recipe is on (count em') 3 blogs. Gotta go find another one to post. Or two.

*Never sit at the feet of anyone who is running for Ruler of the World and plans to do it in a toga...

I owe the world my copy of the dreaded sevensevens, and will have it up shortly. Stay dry and be cool!





3 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

You are in our thoughts and we send good energy although our rivers are peaking as well, so I may need to save some energy for rowing! Keep in touch!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Hey Lady!
Thanks for the positive energy. I have had several people call to see if we were still alive and kicking... guess the papers show us as part of a disaster area. I am glad to know that we are still in folk's thoughts!~

Take care of yourselves, too and I will keep you in my positive line of thinking as well.
PCM

The Village Idiot said...

Laughed out loud at the toga one.
Thanks.

I can't believe how remote your place sounds, firetrails? Washed out bridges? Snails that carry the mail? And what the heck would need a lot of staples for? If I lived in the boonies I'd be buying food at the store, and lots of it!

But then again, I'm
the idiot
:-)