Monday, April 17, 2006

And it starts to wind down... and speed up!

Well, I finally finished my 3rd of 4 papers for Philosophy. This one was a continuation of Buddhism, and the other major religions of China and Japan. It was a process that took me all day today, but it was worth it! There is an end in sight, and I am starting to get excited. Tomorrow I will be fitted for my cap and gown!!! May 19th will be here in a minute. And finals, too! But then it will be my first degree. I have waited for 27 years to be able to say that...

Now I have to decide if I want to knuckle down, take 2 classes this summer, then polish off the last 2 in the fall, or take the summer off and relaxe, then have a year to have to complete. I have worked hard these past semesters!!!! And if I take all the classes at once, I won't be able to keep going to this campus. The next university is about 100 miles from here, so guess who will have to move or commute? Not fun, but I will have to do it eventually.

Well, anyway, just wanted to say hello, then go do my happy dance on the way to the shower... I have to go and get ready to do it all again tomorrow.

Goodnite!

6 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

Proud, proud, PROUD!!! You are awesome! I KNOW how hard it is when you have kids, home, work etc. Keep telling yourself how awesome you are! Is this your A.A. or B.A. (or S>)? If you have made it through philosophy, you can make it through anything...uh, er, o.k. maybe even quantitative research! I actually LOVE summer term because it is the only time that I actually go to campus. Have a blast at graduation and tip back a chocolate martini for me!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks! You are really sweet, but It is the most gratifying feeling!!! It is my first AA, but I am not nearly finished...

Ahhh, now that I have almost finished philosophy, does that make me a philosopher?! ahahah

What is a chocolate martini?

MYSTIC said...

The question is: Why are there chocolate martinis? Contemplate the ramifications of life without chocolate martinis...and after about three of them...Who cares!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Well, then, I say we all go get a few and contemplate the ramifications!

Salud!
PCM

The Village Idiot said...

Wow, cap and gown fittings, showers, these are heady times!

Congrats,
the idiot

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks! I wouldv'e thought you were more interested in the chocolate martini party we were planning... You're welcome to come, you know!

Although I still don't know what a chocolate martini is...