Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Man, it Never Fails!!! A One in a Million Shot...

How long does a black eye last?

Tell me it is less than 17 days! Please!!! That is how long it is until my graduation. I have waited all my adult life for this day, and what happens ~~ I get a black eye! Oh well, I never was very photogenic...

Murphy really was a ^%$&&#$@ when he invented his laws...

Tonight, I was sitting in the easy chair near Amanda; watching the tube, while she was on the computer. The shows were about to change, so she threw the remote in my general direction over her shoulder, saying "Here" at the same time. I turned to see what she was doing and the corner of the remote exactly hit the edge of the bone under my eye.

Results are in: it's a shiner! There is no way that she could've done that on purpose. She was soooo upset. It really was an accident, but no one at work tomorrow will believe it, or let me live it down without a large dose of ribbing. Just my luck, eh?

4 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

Bummer! What are the school colors? Maybe it will match the cap and gown...bwahaha!
Hey, guess what....I POSTED!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Our robes are this ugly, pale grey (supposed to be silver, but it is dingy white laundry grey...) My dress is burgandy, ought to be unique! My eye looks 100% better today, though, so maybe I will will be lucky with the eye.

However, that isn't the only thing that has happened to me recently. Last night I broke a tooth! Luckily, its towards the back, so it doesn't show. Hurts, tho!

oregoncelticlady said...

and expensive! The tooth thing! Darn! I will send good energy, in hopes that things don't actually happen in three's or you may need crutches...*knocks on wood desk*.

coastalcutie2000 said...

I never thought of that.....
Think I am gonna go home now and pull the covers over my head for a couple of weeks!