Saturday, July 22, 2006

Where did the summer go?

Hello all,
I hope that your summer is treating you well, and not frying you! I have been hearing all the horror stories from the rest of California of 107-110 degrees and I am SSSSOOO happy that I live up here where it is rarely above 70 degrees...

I am feeling old and whiney. Amanda got her first paying job for the summer and started work today, working at the same place with my sister. It is just another thing that draws my darling daughter closer to adulthood and out of the house... Mothers, you can understand all this trepidation with losing your first-born to adulthood!!! I really just wanted them both to stay kids for a little while longer, but alas, it isn't meant to be

I have been immersed in American History for summer semester. Next week is the last week. I am glad I decided to take the class, since my daughter is also taking courses so she can take advanced courses in the fall. It has been a little bit of extra time for us, since our schools are across the parking lot from each other, and so we get to spend the breaks together.

Did you all see Pirates of the Caribbean yet?! I took 5 teenagers to see the briney hunks and we had a terrrific evening. I highly recommend the movie!

Take care and stay cool!

4 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

ohmygoddess! think how hard it will be for me and the mini-goddess! She is my first born AND my baby!!! I am determined to make the next six years loooong and fabulous....then I will boot her out on a full-ride scholarship to veteranarian school so she can take care of her loving mother in her old age :-).
Be well friend and come up the left coast this fall!

coastalcutie2000 said...

I am definitely not ready for them to be out from under my feet... Maybe it is because when they are out on their own, I may actually become one of those crazy cat people, just me and the "height challenged, fur children", talking to myself... hahaha.

PCM

oregoncelticlady said...

I can't wait to wear purple and be a cat lady! *laugh* And don't worry, the children ALWAYS come back for various lengths of time!

MYSTIC said...

The left coast is still going strong. I laugh when I hear you two talking about the empty nest...you have such adventures ahead of you..ENJOY THEM ALL>