Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lunar Eclipse


Did you stay up to see the eclipse the other night? Yeah, I realise that it was late and on a work night, but my daughter and I did. It was amazing! The night sky clear, and the moon was so bright it didn't look real ~~ a real gem in the sapphire velvet sky! The full eclipse was a dark and ominous red, glowing and surreal. We fell asleep at about 4:00am, as the first slivers of the light began to reappear. But it was a successful viewing all in all. And more importantly, I got to be there for my daughter's first eclipse. I will not have many more chances to be there for her firsts, and I am feeling a little sad because of it. But she is growing up, and that is to be expected...
Hey, we did learn a lot while we were up late, though. They play some really informative stuff late night, and we learned about natural ways to kill fleas (vacuum the carpet every day, and use salt on the carpets during the intervals), and that pasta water is a good plant food. Hey, it was worth it to only get 5 hours of sleep that night, but I am paying for it now!

3 comments:

Sweeti said...

I missed it, I even told the Grandkids about it and got tired and fell to sleep. It's been a busy season for us.
I'm glad you got to see it though.

Unknown said...

For me it was 4 30 in the morning. Interestingly enough,I was up to water the tulips, and figured, what the heck, lets check out the action! So I went out on the back deck in the dark, and promptly stepped off it. Fell on the rake. Tripped over the garden hose. Standing on the crushed rock in my bare feet. And I did't dare yell or I would wake the baby!
By the time I got in, put a bandaid on my scrapes, I plumb forgot about some darned celestial body turning red, it was my OWN not very celestial body turning red.
As I was leaning over iodining my knees, the wife comes out of the bedroom and sees me bending over starkers and says....

You guessed it.


Nice Moon!


www.yusefjournal.blogspot.com

coastalcutie2000 said...

Ahhh, poor baby!
I am sooo sorry for your boo boos. I do hope that all is well now, but I have to ask... you know I do:

Bare feet, starkers...Do you often go out in "Le beoff" at 4:30 am. to water the tulips?!

Oh, and I am very sorry you missed the other full moon, too! Please take care of yourself, or who will the wife have to laugh at?

Ann