Wednesday, February 05, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, day 35, The Trickster's Hat

Today was one of those days when everything was going in three directions at once, as usual early in the month. Between running around paying bills, shopping, doing the garbage bins, and attempting to do laundry, there wasn't a lot of creativity, although I did do some more on my watercolor. I am admittedly not very experienced in watercolors, and have only done one other attempt at a landscape. This one is coming from memory, so don't laugh too hard...

Watercolor WIP
But wait, there is a light at the end of my creative tunnel. A book arrived by one of my favorite artists, Nick Bantock today. It is his latest volume, and in it are 50 lessons to jumpstart your creative juices, and open your mind to artistic ideas. He is one of the most gifted and unique artists I know of, and this is going to be a really fun book to follow. So this will be a challenge within a challenge, stay tuned! Grab a copy and follow along if you are so inclined, we can open our minds together!


No comments: