Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What are those scratches on the dash?....

I knew it would come eventually. It was looming just over the horizon...

Until Yesterday.

My daughter discovered that she can make the car go if she gets behind the wheel and works things. And she likes the thrill of terror she gets while she is doing it! So now I have to let her learn to drive and get a license. Lord help me!

She has driven a couple of times in parking lots, terrified, but yesterday she started to get into it. All of her friends have been encouraging her to get out there and give it a go. They even made her a little map of places to go and practice on the road. Thank goodness it isn't like it was when I was learning to drive! I still to this day remember going out with my friends, all of us with no experience, driving all over the place, and not letting my parents in on what I was doing. Later it was spinning brodies in the parking lots after hours... And cruising. Fun for us then, but I am not sure my heart could take letting these kids loose with the car now. Yeah, yeah, hypocrite I know ~~~ sue me! She can go and do all those things I won't know about later. Like when I am dead, and too old to care.

And my son is graduating from 8th grade next week, so it will be his turn in about 5 minutes. He just got back from a week long field trip to Portland, and I missed him. I am soooo old!!!

What happened? These two were playing in the wadie pool yesterday. We were walking to kindergarten and playing dress up. Parading around town square in Halloween costumes. Hunting for crawdaddies in the pond.

I need coffee

5 comments:

coastalcutie2000 said...

Yeah, if you find that would you let me know, please!!! Thanks ;)

STAG said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. The pictures of houses on my blog were sent to me in an email...they are real houses, but I have long since lost the information where they are from.

The driftwood sculptures...are simply amazing. Again, they were sent to me without information on who the artist is or where it is being done....I bet that when you see them, you will recognize them as something from around your area!

If you ever find out who the artist is, let me know so that I can trumpet her skill to the world! Or at least attribute the artist on my blog! Until then, I can only post them on my tiny little blog as one small voice of appreciation for a real artist.

coastalcutie2000 said...

sure thing! I would sure like to know about them myself! :)

Candy said...

I got here from stag's blog. I know what you mean - my son will be a freshman next year too. It flies by so quickly!! And driving - yikes!!!

coastalcutie2000 said...

And all the time the insurance companies are loving every minute of it! I need to be an insurance agent! Well, not really...