Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hearts For Heros


There is an organization out there that I think really deserves some attention. It is called Hearts for Heroes, and it is run almost single-handedly by a wonderful woman, Linda Weeks. She sends tiny hearts to the troops, with a card reminding the recipient just how much they mean to us here in the States. She has been doing this for almost 2 years now, and most of the money for the project comes out of her pocket. Please go and investigate the site at http://www.palousenet.com/h4h/, or at her other Websites,

www.itsjesterclay.com
www.hearts4heroes.com

If you are a crafter, please consider making some hearts yourself, and see how good it feels to be a part of all this! I have made some myself, and gotten back lovely letters from the servicemen and women thanking me for the gift. It made me smile for days getting those letters!!! The servicemen and women get by on practically nothing over there, and the sentiment that goes into the hearts means more than you might realize for a lonely guy or gal overseas. To date, Linda and River, her co-founder of the project, have sent out over 16,000 hearts and the orders just keep piling up!

2 comments:

STAG said...

I made some bayonettes for the colour parties which meet the caskets at the airplanes. I don't get thank you notes though.

coastalcutie2000 said...

I am so sorry Stag! I have seen your work and the fact that you put your heart and soul into your creations really shows!!!

I think the world really needs to treat the fine craftsmen with more respect and give them all of the recognition that they deserve.

May I put your link on my blog, and I will do my part to make sure that more people see you and all of yours?