Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What side of the bed did You wake up on today?

Well, this has to get marked down as one of the weirdest and saddest Tuesdays I have had in a long time.

My poor son started high school this morning, and I just feel like I had to throw him to the wolves. He never got his paperwork packet, so we missed orientation, and he was totally lost this morning going to class. I Know he was intimidated there in the masses of milling teens. All I could do was tell him to do his best. I helped him find his first class, and the others were staring at us even then. I hope he gets through it OK. I have been on the verge of crying ever since. He is a special needs kid, and I don't think either one of us was really ready for this... I really wanted his first day to be special!

And my mother has been weepy for the last 2 days, ever since she found out that the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin died. It was her secret dream to one day go to Australia and meet this guy, now that will never happen. She gets really emotional about some things, and this was possibly the worst blow in her life. I know that sounds strange to some people, but that dream has kept her going for a long time now, and suddenly it's gone. She has been acting like it was a family member who passed on. I think she took my nephew's leaving harder than she let on and this just took it over the edge for her. I wish there was something I could do to cheer her up!

To top it all off, I have a test in math today. I have to get my head together, since I cannot fail this class if I want to get my Bachelor's degree. Math is NOT my subject, as I am sure anyone who has ever trudged through my past postings will be able to relate! I really just wish this day was over already!!!!

I sincerely hope that the rest of you started your back to school in better fashion. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

2 comments:

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks, Eric is fine. I forget sometimes how resilient kids can be. He suffered a whole lot less than I did...

I got 12 and a half out of 15, so that is a decent start (knock on wood!) I have a looonnngggg way to go until the end of the semester! But I did get a 9/10 on my business test, so that was a good thing to end the week with!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks for the encouragement, from both of us!