Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What Do You Think?


Well, what do you think of my "masterpiece"? He's not done yet, so I have a little bit of time to make changes as I need to. Good thing, too, because I see a dent in his forehead...

Yeah, he IS funny looking, but I like him (my daughter thinks he is hideous!) It is my first attempt at sculpting a serious face in ceramic. I made him this morning for my class. He is completely from scratch, no molds. He is about 7 inches long.
I need some assistance, though. I am not sure how to finish him. Should I give him ears, or make him more like a Greenman style, surrounded by foliage? The kids think I should surround him with grapes, grape leaves, and vines. I also need to glaze him after I fire him, so any color suggestions will also be appreciated.
I hope you are having a terrific day, and thanks for the help!
Post a Comment