Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What Do You Think?


Well, what do you think of my "masterpiece"? He's not done yet, so I have a little bit of time to make changes as I need to. Good thing, too, because I see a dent in his forehead...

Yeah, he IS funny looking, but I like him (my daughter thinks he is hideous!) It is my first attempt at sculpting a serious face in ceramic. I made him this morning for my class. He is completely from scratch, no molds. He is about 7 inches long.
I need some assistance, though. I am not sure how to finish him. Should I give him ears, or make him more like a Greenman style, surrounded by foliage? The kids think I should surround him with grapes, grape leaves, and vines. I also need to glaze him after I fire him, so any color suggestions will also be appreciated.
I hope you are having a terrific day, and thanks for the help!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi, I really like your blog and was wondering if you would like to add it to my directory?
/ http://www.weblog-index.com

Thanks, Shelly

coastalcutie2000 said...

Wow, a fan, I am truly honored!

Yes, I would like it very much if you added my blog to your listings, as long as I can add one of yours, too? I can't decide whick one yet, you have quite a few!

I think we should support each other, don't you?

Thanks again.
PCM

wlturland said...

Hi PCM! I went looking for other college moms and was tickled to death to find not only a fellow student and artist, but a knitter at that! Oh, and the Firefly affinity!

There really is something for everyone out here in the blogosphere! :)

coastalcutie2000 said...

Scarlet,
Hello and thanks for checking out my blog! We truly are a rare breed, eh?!

I love to knit, too, especially socks. Any yummy yarn keeps me drooling for hours, except wools (I'm sadly allergic, but nowadays, there are lots of goodies that aren't wool, so I am not toooooo terribly deprived heee!)

Please come back often, and I will for sure be checking out your site for patterns, etc. hahaha

PCM (Ann)

Shelly said...

Hi I added a link to your blog on my front page. If you want to be in my directory just go to
http://www.weblog-index.com

Great idea to support eachother. I'll be back. thanks, Shelly

STAG said...

At least ceramic will be around forever. So it is worth the trouble to get it right.

coastalcutie2000 said...

I was hoping that it would last for a while anyway...

He now has vines, grapes, and leaves around him. I still have to fire it and glaze it, though.

Have a good one!
PCM

oregoncelticlady said...

Hey, guess what , I am still alive! :-)

I LOVE this clay guy!!!! He is perfect! (Is he single *laugh*?) I think the vines and grapes would be perfect!!!! Post a pic when he is finished?

OH, and I posted! It is lame but i posted!!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Nice to hear from everyone who commented, thanks so much!

He is finished! Grapes, leaves and all, and he came out better than I had hoped. I will go and get photos of him tomorrow and post for everyone to see...

PCM