Friday, May 04, 2007

He's Finally Finished!


So, What do you think?


Thanks for being patient, but I had to display my finished project at the campus for a while as part of my grade. I am rather proud of the way that he finally turned out, despite the fact that the grapes are rather pale, because the glaze ran. It is really a foil to the sheen of the iron oxide on the face with the creamy shine of the glazed leaves and grapes. But because of the fact that I did the whole thing to look antiqued, it works!~ The photo that I took this time is at slighly a different angle and so the face doesn't have quite the same wistful look, but he is really nice as a finished piece.

I look forward to some honest critique if you would, please! Since I am a new artist, that will be the way I learn. Thanks!



3 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

I LOVE him!!! He just touches my heart!!!!! If you sell him to me, you will officially be a professional artist!!!!

coastalcutie2000 said...

I am truly honored for your compliments! If you are serious about wanting to buy him, please contact me at my email addie: coastalcutie2000@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
PCM

Sweeti said...

I totally love your style too, I could see that face in my garden making me smile each time I look at him.