Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter and the Big Day

Well, the day has finally crept upon us all. Not fast enough for my daughter! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due out in 3 days, (for those of you who have been under a rock or in a coma,) and she is getting more anxious by the moment. We have an extended engagement for the next week, despite her having to work, but that is actually fine with me. We have some very treasured memories tied to good ole' Harry and the lot. When we are not tag-team reading out loud to each other, we might (might!) take the time to sleep for a couple of hours, but we have been doing this for the last almost 10 years, it is tradition, and I have my character voices all warmed up for the reading...

We have agreed to do a Potter Party on Saturday at our local library. Yours truly will be doing face painting. Amanda has been dipping into her vast stores of HP paraphernalia to find decorations and activities to take for the party, and it has rung a chord of nostalgia in her. We have been in on this since the very beginning, and so there is a lot of stuff we have collected. I am happy to see her wanting to volunteer and get in one last little fling before she gets back to the full time business of growing up. I will be sewing new robes, and making decorations for the next couple of days for the party, but it keeps me out of trouble, heee!

Eric is not so big into this, but we did manage to get him to go with us to see the movie on the opening night. What an evening! Imagine taking 7 (count 'em!) 7 wound up teens between the ages of 15 and 17 to the movies... Your imaginations are probably just as vivid as was the evening, but we had a lot of fun, they were well behaved for the most part and the movie was really great!

So, I hope that all your Potter memories are happy ones, and you get the ending you were hoping for. I for one will miss it. My kids mean the world to me, and this is one of the best things a kid would've wanted to do while growing up, at least it was for us! Gotta go make stuff now!!!

No comments: