Monday, July 30, 2007

The truth is out there

Well, I finally went and got myself some answers and thankfully now know I am not just crazy!

I've been not feeling all that terrific for a while now, but I thought it was simply stretching myself too thin with school, taking care of kids, the usual grind. Turns out I am not just overextended: I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but at least I know I am not out of my mind. But it took months of arguing with the doctors to figure it out. I hate that there are still old farts out there that think women are simply faking it or looking for attention, or some other such claptrap. I am glad I didn't give in, and at least I finally got heard, so now I can start looking up the treatments.

So I may be a little slow on the draw when it comes to posting, but I hope you will be patient. I don't have a huge following in the world, that's true, but thanks to those who do come and visit once in a while. I could really use a friendly word once in a while, it gets lonely in this little corner of the galaxy! Nite all.

3 comments:

Sweeti said...

Hmmm, i'm on the journey to better health too, I'm still not convinced they have truly diagnosed me correctly but hopeful. Damn, we're complex. huh?

coastalcutie2000 said...

I hope you remember to take care of yourself, and if you don't agree with the doctors, then tell them so! You know your body better than anyone.
I will keep you in my prayers.
PCM

oregoncelticlady said...

Well, we do fake it but not at the doctor's office and it is never our fault when we have to!!!! *laugh*

It is always comforting to know something is something! I spent the mornign in the ER after my principal called the ambulance for chest pain. Turns out I have a very healthy heart AND a raging case of Pleursy!!!! =(

Glad to be back to you and blogging!