Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Confession

"How do you recognize the sound of your soul's calling?" (link)

I read that today, and it got me to thinking. What IS it that I really want?

I have been agonizing over my life lately, and trying to decide just where it is I need to be. My body is tired, and I feel more awful than anything else. Yet I refuse to just shrivel up and blow into the corner... so what to do?

I tried going back to classes online, figuring that it would be easier than actually attending a school. But in the last couple of days, my whole being has been screaming in protest. I tried taking notes as I read the text, tried to download the lab materials, but I have no heart for it at all! I have been going to school for 7 years now, and I don't think anyone would berate me if I wanted to take a break from it for a bit and heal. But what would I do with myself all day? I think I may drop the online stuff, but keep the T.A. job. I really am learning so much there, and I do need something to look forward to. I also need that little bit of human interaction. I suppose I could take the time to concentrate on my art. If I want to make any money at it, I have to create something! That isn't happening right now. There are a lot of family things in the pot, too, but those things are always there, and always stressful. Like everyone else in the world, eh?

The rest I fear will have to be "played by ear."

7 comments:

STAG said...

It is time.....



To TRAVEL!


Gozo has 5000 year old temples, Prague has a sex museum....and the best pot roast in the world. Malta has 175 miles of fortifications jammed into 19 miles of island. Jerusalem has interfaith museums where Jews, Christians, and Moslems all stand side by side and marvel at their shared heritage. Rome has...well...everything. The gysers in Yellowstone, the painted desert, the tamales in Tuson are all a little closer to home. Route 66 still exists! Quebec is having its 400th anniversary next year, what a party THAT will be!
And heck, you could crash at MY place!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thank you very much for the lovely offer! I just may take you up on that crash.

Is there any question why we love this guy?!

PCM

oregoncelticlady said...

....or Oregon is nice too!!! =)

So, here is the deal...IF you take a break from school, which is fine, it will be there when you get back....set a FRIM date for yourself to go back!!! REALLY...I KNOW this!!!

AND, keep the TA gig!!! It sounds like it is very important for you, right now to keep in touch with the "outside world"!!!

You asked for advice, right? *laugh* Believe me, I am smart like this!!! =)

oregoncelticlady said...

By the way...*whispers* why does stag know about Prague's Sex Museum???? =0

coastalcutie2000 said...

Hi Lady,
Thanks for the inspiration! (I keep telling myself that Stag knows so much about travelling because he is always visiting somewhere special, dunno about the sex museum!)heeee ;>

I kept the T.A. job, and I have also been asked by another professor if I would work with him too, for a short while to finish publishing a book for the college. A pleasure to be needed!

I have no doubt you are well versed in all the nuances associated with schools! I have set a date of Spring semester, no later.
PCM

PCM

STAG said...

Why, I took my wife there of course. (thats my story, and I am sticking to it!)

Grin!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Hey Stag,
So that is the reason you started creating armor! Never realized you were into that sort of thing...

:o PCM