Saturday, February 21, 2009

Someone to Watch Over You...


I have always been fascinated by angels, and this one is especially beautiful. My friend travels around, hunting for these lovelies in snug, out of the way places. I have no idea where this one resides, but thought she might well be a project for class, or just a challenge to try ~ with all the drapery and the detail on the wings. Aren't you just dying of curiosity about what the right hand was doing before it was damaged? Hopefully she looks as beautiful to you ~ someone to watch over you and yours. My family has been looking for such a luxury lately, because my dearest underwent a triple bypass two weeks ago, and is rather beat up right now.

I haven't decided whether to add an adult warning to this blog or not; so that it show what I am creating this semester. I have two classes dedicated to nudes, one drawing, the other sculpting. The models are in artistic poses, not at all lewd; but there is no accounting for people's view of what is pron and what isn't. Since starting the class, my experience level has taken off, and hopefully by the end of all this it will actually be decent. IN the meantime, you will just have to take my word for it. You could give me your honest opinion of posting the work. Stop by and chat for a bit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally speaking, i would love to see you post your artwork, in all phases of progress... i suppose there could be those who may take offense, but the fact is we have bodies and our bodies make beautiful subjects for exploration in our creative heart...

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thanks very much for stopping by and chatting! And thanks for the opinions, I really am glad there are people out there who are OK with art nudity. My kids have finally gotten over the "ewww, mom is making naked people again" phase, always a good sign. I don't want them to have a problem with nudity, but in this day and age, it sure can be a sticky subject!

Sweeti said...

If you got em, post em. My work is not nudes but I subject you to it all the time, I've never got a complaint yet,lol.
I personally like your artistic style, and will probably love it.

coastalcutie2000 said...

Thank you very much for the lovely thoughts, Sweeti! And if you show me yours I will show you mine!


You two have talked me into it, but don't be surprised by the adult themes warning I plan to attach to the site, just to be on the safe side.