Sunday, September 05, 2010

Find an Art-o-Mat

For those of you who are lucky enough to live near one, I say go find yourself an Art-o-Mat! Admittedly, most of them are located in the Eastern portions of the United States, but there are a few to be found in other locations, dotted here and there. I even believe there is one overseas, but for the life of me can't recall where... 

More to the point, though, is that when you are lucky enough to come across one, you will find inside lovely little pieces of art, the size of a pack of cigarettes. That's because the man who created this whole idea uses refurbished cigarette machines to dispense these treasures~ a much wiser choice! And when you put in your token into an Art-o-Mat machine, you will receive works from such dedicated artists as Took Gallagher,
 J.M. Guptill,  and KT Goodlove. All these young women are amazing. Art-o-Mat is amazing, giving people an affordable bit to take home with them, but it also gives artists a place to get noticed.

Took Gallager in collaboration with KT Goodlove
JM Guptill's Cursive Art
I don't have the luxury of having one of these machines near my home, so I had to find my sources and arrange for them to be mailed to me. Here are some examples of what I received in my order. I think they are the coolest!!! I think you should look for yourself and see if you are lucky enough to have one of these near you!
 



No comments: