Monday, January 27, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, day 26

Well, today was lovely. Went for a long walk in the sunshine, then sat on the porch with the cats sunning ourselves (until I fell asleep, yikes!) We are going to have Hell to pay come this summer with no rain in months, but it is very hard to remember that on a day like today... The paperwhites and daffodils are all bloomed on the porch, and If I can keep the cats from sitting in the planters and squashing them all, my tulips are trying to come up as well. I have pots of garlic and herbs doing nicely, and strawberry pots full of unripened fruit. Yes, it is really hard to imagine how dry it will all be by the end of next month if we don't get some serious rain and soon. Normally we would be well into our second or even third month of heavy showers, and we just haven't had ANY.

I made a new hummingbird for my shop, since they are a lot of fun to make. And I spent a lot of time on the computer looking at things for inspiration. Its amazing how much time can slip away when you get on and just start drifting. I swear it is my damned meditation. See you all tomorrow!



No comments: