Friday, January 10, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, Day 9

I hope everyone out there has had a great day. Mine was busy, but fun. After a meeting this morning, my daughter and I went to see a movie. We saw "Frozen" and I can hear the guffaws already. Why would two grown adults go to see a Disney Kiddie movie? Well, I went to see the art, yes, the art. Computer generated animation is sooo awesome, and every time I see it, I can't help but wonder at the level of details and complexity coming out in these works. We saw it in 2D, my eyes don't do the 3D movies. Even so, there was sooo much to look at, a really lovely film, and the music was pretty good for a kid's film, too. (Yes, mommies, if you haven't seen it yet, it IS a musical, but what Disney film isn't?) This one doesn't bounce too much, another plus for these old eyes.

The only thing I found disparaging was the amount of different companies that Disney has taken over. They really do have their fingers in everyone's pie, but I guess an entity that big had to do something to diversify, and expand... All, in all, the movie was much improved over several less than memorable features from recent history, both in quality and plot, so bring it on!

Tonight we kept things simple, and I did some rough sketches of eyes for my artistic daily dose. I am very rusty, and it shows, but it felt good to put pencil to paper!. Good night.


No comments: