Thursday, January 09, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, Day 8

Don't let anyone, Ever use those famous last words, "this will be easy." We only had a few touch-ups to do to Amanda's bookcase before she could put it back together. Only, once we did them, the blasted thing wouldn't fit together any more. We spent the entire day fitting, re-fitting, sanding, nailing, cajoling, swearing, painting, hammering, and in general scratching our heads as to why something this simple could be soooo complicated. But we did it eventually, and it looks great. One more triumph for stubbornness!
Needless to say I got no artwork done again and this challenge is getting more challenging by the minute. But no matter, I will keep plugging along, I have a whole year to do this, so I have to be diligent. I don't give up. Thursday begins my new ceramics course at the community ed, and that will go a long way towards keeping up with my challenge. Here's Amanda nailing.



No comments: