Saturday, February 15, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, day 45, Happy Valentine's Day

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's day, and someone special to share it with. It has been raining pretty steadily for about a week, and so we had a soggy day. But the drawers on the dresser were primed and the knobs sanded and primed, and the top got a clear coat, but will need another one. Things dry soooo slowly when you just have to get them done in the rain! Thankfully, it's almost finished, with real luck by the end of the weekend. Phew, a lot longer than I wanted it to, but them's the breaks sometimes... We are starting to get to the end of the stuff we wanted to get done for our annual house inspection, then Amanda will move out the following week. I'm going to miss her so much, but it was inevitable that these kids would grow up and finally do that. But that just means I get to talk to you all more!

I also played a bit with drawing a dichroic glass pendant I got from a dear friend on Monday. They challenged me to try and re-create it, not too terribly difficult, but I didn't have anything nearly as dark as the flowers in the pendant. Oh well, it came out OK,!

Everyone enjoy your weekend!


No comments: