Friday, February 14, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, day 44 Surprise!

Well, I told you, you might never know what I will come up with! Tonight, there is a real drawing WIP for you to look at. I admit, it has been a loooong time since I've tried to draw anything seriously, and I can't tell you what inspired it today. And I never work in colored pencils, but this time it is what needed to happen. Originally, this was going to be a little girl, that is why the proportions are the way they are, and her eyes are so big. But the longer I worked on her, the more distorted her age became, and I can't frankly tell how old she is now. I offer you the job in progress~~

And bless their hearts, I can't ever do work without helpers. As you can see, they prefer scratches and love to my art any day of the week! But they kept me at a slow but steady pace, probably not a bad thing, and kept me from over working the drawing too much (hopefully~)This probably isn't finished, since never can leave well enough alone. But it was really good practice, desperately needed, and its always welcomed when the muses come calling. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! Everyone deserves to have a bit of extra attention, and love. Even if you have to treat yourself special tomorrow, you deserve it! Whatever it takes: a meal, a treat, flowers, a huge hug, you know what you need...




No comments: