Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, day ? 69 I think

Today was sunny, and although it was chilly, it was nice to sit outside for a while and just enjoy. The cats came out and we communed on the porch steps, and chatted with the neighbor. The handy man came today to do an assessment of what needed to be done after the housing inspection. The landlord isn't happy because the inspector hit him up for a lot of things that have needed attention for ages, but those are the breaks. I've been a good tenant for six years, and it is about time he took care of some things! Half the time I fix stuff myself. Today, for instance, I primed a wall that the handyman had come and "fixed" by schmearing a bit of plaster around over a hole and a large crack. Tomorrow will come a coat of paint if the weather holds out. It's been raining for a couple of weeks, so when the wall was patched it took a good while for things to dry. The handy man never comes back for finishing; I usually end up doing that, but it doesn't bother me. It's good experience.

I still miss my kids, but am getting used to it~ sort of!  I hear people say that being an empty nester is great, but it sure doesn't feel that way yet. Oh well...

Tonight was the beginning of an online drawing class on the internet, a total basics class. It may be too basic, though, to get much out of it but I'll give it a couple of weeks to see what happens. Ceramic classes start up again on Thursday, and that will be a welcomed diversion.

That was my creativity for the day. If anyone has a suggestion for a project, you could always post it.What a great way to use this free time! Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

No comments: