Friday, March 21, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, keeping it up

This week has gone by so fast! Tuesday I went back to ceramics class, and threw two more bowls that were actually pretty good. Considering I haven't thrown on a wheel in close to three months, to have good days have been a real blessing. Tonight I finished my poly clay cat and have been experimenting with some stamps to put on pottery, that was a lot of fun making some funky shapes to try out;  then went to class again. Tonight I trimmed the first two bowls I did last week, and threw another cylinder that I would like to see become a large coffee mug. It just feels sooo good to be back among friends, and getting stuff done! I want to make this a very productive session, instead of my usual playing around...

Tomorrow is the Kerf, a great way to end the week; working on our poetry book. We have a good start already, and some really promising poems lined up, so this should be a very good edition. We are also thinking about doing a special book, a compilation of one of our favorite, and most prolific poets. I won't go into much detail here, it is still in the works, but it is exciting for me, since this man is one of  my all time favorites from my years on the publication. Doing my happy dance!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I will keep you posted on progress. Bye for now.

No comments: