Saturday, March 22, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, recycled ornament

I belong to a group that makes Christmas ornaments to exchange, and this time the project had to be made from recycled materials. Well, I hope this counts, I made the entire ornament from leftovers from other kits and projects, or from bits I salvaged. Even the support in the middle is from a past project, and I actually worked the ornament so I could use that support. I started it yesterday, but had a bit of trouble making the pattern fit inside the dimensions of the support, and had to take out the stitching and re-do it. But I love doing red-work, the geometric pattern that is contrasted by only one color of stitches. Its not done, but this is how far I got tonight. I hope my exchange partner likes it! But time really does fly when you are having fun, I got focused on this, then completely lost track of the time and is it getting close to 3:00am! But since I'm up, I might as well post this, because I am going to sleep in tomorrow anyway! Have a great Saturday everyone!

No comments: