Wednesday, October 08, 2014

October 8th, Wow, where did the time go?

I'm very sorry to have left you high and dry for a month, a lot hasn't been going on! 

I tore the ligament in my knee shortly after I made my last post, and that has left me on crutches... Boo hiss, no fun for sure! NO walking, not much getting around at all for the first couple of weeks. The world becomes a very small cell then, and even though I am the only one in this place, it got very clostrophobic, very fast! Tolerance becomes your biggest obstacle, because I couldn't do all the things I normally did, and had to let many things hang in limbo that might otherwise be a daily routine. My daughter has been a blessing, coming for three weeks in a row on her days off, just to help me keep things in order. I've also had the help of some very dear friends, who came by to check up on me and to help tidy up the joint. I thank them sincerely for their kindness and assistance! I also want to send out a special thanks for my dear son John Collard, who has been serving in Afghanistan, but yet has been in constant contact, even offering to hire me a housekeeper for the duration! There's  a truly remarkable young man, and I am very lucky to have him in my life!!! The leg is slowly healing, and I can at least drive myself to where I have to be now, which improved life to no end! If the medical community would just get their part done, I would be very happy indeed.

And then my computer took it's final breaths, and died. That meant I was without a useable machine for several weeks, what a shock that was! I am a complete and total internet addict, just like the rest of the world. Don't know if it is the alpha waves eminating from the monitor or just that need to be "in touch" with the rest of the world; but whatever has kept me coming back, I went a bit nuts without it! I've finally got a replacement, thank goodness! My darling daughter is the one who is responsible for the end of my trials and tribulations! She gave me her old computer, more than enough for what I do here on the Web! My son keeps me company over the phone, calling several times a week. And Nate, I didn't forget you, you are always close to my thoughts.

So for my dear sons, here are some photos taken a couple of weeks ago in the garden. I can't get around very well out there just yet, but the veggies keep coming, and I still have tomatoes even in October! The peas are just about finished, and soon the tomatoes will be done as well, but the herbs, carrots, onions and potatoes are all plugging right along, and as soon as I can I need to go out and plant my garlic bulbs. The strawberries keep making flowers, but no real fruit, that's ok! There are 7 pumpkins on the plant, three are bright orange now, and one is large and starting to turn, but the last three are recent additions within the last two weeks. They may be small, but they seem to double in size every day, and within the middle of the month, I suspect they will catch up and be as large as the rest of them! I will go and see what I can do about getting some recent pics, so you can see things. 
Remember, I LOVE YOU KIDS!







 


No comments: