Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday, and a visit from the Village Idiot...

Good morning to you all,
When I started this blog, I wasn't sure exactly what reason I had for doing it. Yesterday, I finally discovered my supreme cause for spewing forth my blatherings. Like an euphony, it came to me. I wanted to hear from the rest of the world, and to get to know them a little. From the safety and comfort of my own worn-out desk chair, of course. I don't have the resources to go out into the world myself, and probably not enough initiative to boot.

I have had an abject thrill every time someone has read my musings, and an even bigger one when someone responded.

Yesterday, I got a response from a man who calls himself "The Village Idiot." His blogsite is entitled "Kicked Puppies," and while I don't begin to say that I find his choice of title amusing (I don't!), I did enjoy reading his blog. HE is just the sort of character that I wanted to get to know. As well as the man who called himself Paul and has a plastic statue of Jesus for his blog icon. And "Mama Dog" who gave me some wonderful comments. And the very nice woman who talked about my Full Moon entry. They are the Real Heart of this world, and I am so lucky to have the chance to talk to them all. There are more of you who have commented on my site, and I don't want to belittle you because I didn't mention you personally. I simply wanted to thank you all.
And finally, to go back to the Village Idiot, I want everyone to refer to the Shakespearean Insult Generator, provided by dear Idiot, whenever you find it in your heart to zing it to someone. It is just too funny! You are my kinda person, sir!!!

2 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

awwww, shucks.

Thanks for the kind words, kind lady. I'm just an idiot tryin' to get by, so it's especially nice to have strangers say stuff besides "look honey, he's picking his nose again".

:-)
The Idiot

coastalcutie2000 said...

You are quite welcome, and I am pleased to speak my mind as freely as you do! Keep it up.