Friday, September 30, 2005

The Corpse Bride

Today I went with my daughter to see "The Corpse Bride." It was sad and bittersweet, more of a film for an older crowd. I am sure that kids would enjoy this too, don't misunderstand me. But the plot had a touch of melancholy, and that might be more difficult to grasp for the little ones. The songs in this one were a little hard to understand and were a bit loud as well. But the characters were pure Tim Burton, as was the plot, which he helped to write. The whole film was a visual delight. And what's not to love about Johnny Depp?! (yum!!)
While I preferred Nightmare Before Christmas (there is a very special charm to Nightmare that would be hard for any movie to compare to), this one was still very enjoyable.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would definitely give the Corpse Bride a 7.

The best part of the whole evening was the quality time I got to spend with my favorite girl, just having fun and being young at heart. There aren't too many times you get to do that with your teens. I savor every moment!

Tomorrow she is going to go see "Serenity". I give you her review of that film then.

No comments: