Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday funnies

This must be a wonderful place to live if you are a pet. Mine are going crazy this morning! The cats are running through the house like a wild cavalry, back and forth. Amazing what a full belly will do to even the oldest of them.

I woke up to find that one of my turtles had laid 2 eggs. I was amazed! I have had them for a number of years, and I thought that they were both females. But I read that they can store sperm for as long as 4 years before they use it to fertilize eggs. Pretty cool!!! They look like big pink Thompson seedless grapes. I sure wouldn't want to have to pass something that big!!! I guess I must be doing something right if they are happy enough to lay eggs.

My boy has his headsets on and the machine must be on full blast because I can hear it clear over here. He is rocking out and reading, the TV is on and he swears that he is paying attention to all of it...

My daughter is still snoozing, or at least she is still in her bed. Although I suspect that she might be in there reading, too. It is a rainy bleak day here, so there isn't a whole lot to do. Anyway, this is just a normal weekend morning around here ~complete chaos~

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying yourself as much as we are!

4 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

Your turtles laid eggs. That's like the coolest thing i've ever read in a blog.
Well done!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Dear Idiot,
Why, thank you for your very kind words, and more importantly ~ your continued readership ~ I will never make the totals on mine that you do in your loyal readers (I am one of them) but it is nice to know that someone reads my nonsense!!

The Village Idiot said...

I love your nonsense... keep it up!

(stands and ovates*)
the idiot


*is that what you do when you give an ovation? it sounds very wrong

coastalcutie2000 said...

I will take it as a compliment from the Village Idiot and make an appropriate gesture in respone....

(now who sounds wrong!) wink, that makes us equal!