Thursday, November 10, 2005

And now for something completely different...

Since no one reads my blog for the wit and wisdom, here is a recipe for you instead: It is a great sausage with much less fat, and no preservatives.

Turkey Sausage
1.25 pounds ground turkey (comes prepackaged or buy fresh)
1 small onion minced
2 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fennel seed
2 tsp. McCormick/Schilling Turkey Rub (sold in jars)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix all ingredients well and chill at least overnight to allow flavors to blend.Use a little cooking spray in the pan to prevent sticking. Can be used as a breakfast sausage, or in recipes calling for Italian sausage, and it makes great meatballs and turkey burgers.

2 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

Mmmmmm!

I made a jambalaya tonight that was awesome, and I do mean awesome.It featured hot sausage made from turkey, (but I bought the sausage, i'm not brave nor talented enough to make my own).

You'd better come visit me when I'm king of the world, but you'll have to sit in a comfy chair, not at my feet, because when I'm king I plan on wearing kilts and togas and stuff to show that I'm more than just a western hemisphere stooge, and I'm not coordinated enough to sit so that I wouldn't be giving a show to anyone sitting on the floor. Fair enough?

By the way, I read for comments for wit, wisdom and recipes.

have a great weekend,
the idiot

Maria said...

Thanks for the recipe, it's been posted on Garlicster.