Friday, November 18, 2005

On Harry Potter and spending quality time with your kids...

I know, I know, there are only 2 of you out there who actually read my blog, and one of you makes fun when I mention Harry Potter, but tonight I had a blast with my daughter watching the new movie. For those of you who might actually be fans of the series, this was the best movie yet!!!
I admit it, I had kids in the first place just so I could get away with watching Bugs Bunny. Once I started reading to them at bedtime it became another excuse to be a large child myself, and enjoy the plots along with my sleepyheads. Reading the H.P series holds especially dear memories for all of us, spending long hours together at our nightly ritual. It has given us a common ground, and because of it they have developed a love of books that they might not otherwise have. That is ultimately the most rewarding aspect of all.
When the movies started coming out, it was an excellent opportunity to take them and spend more of that precious quality time. I only went to look at the special effects, don't you know (wink, wink) After all, that is one of the things I would like to do with my college degree, designing computer animation. If I managed to have a great experience at the same time, then so much the better. This movie is loaded with some really exciting movie magic!

And so you can make fun of me for going to see a "kiddie" movie tonight with my offspring. Trust me, I wasn't the only adult there! My daughter and I had a wonderful time together, and I can tell you right now that I would do it again. And again!

2 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

The only movies i've seen in theatres in the last however are:

The Incredibles
Madagascar
Herbie Fully Loaded
THe Johnny Depp Willy Wonka movie
and so on.

Honestly, I haven't seen a movie in the theaters that wasn't aimed at my kids in so long I can't remember what the last non-kid movie was. (So I would never make fun of you).

As for the Harry Potter ribbing, that wasn't directed at you, that was intended to be humorous because of the massive coverage that both Star Wars III and the Potter Book 6 got from the all of the bloggers in the Blogosphere. All bloggers did it, that's why it was funny.

For the record, the Goblet of Fire was by far my favorite potter book, and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie (when it comes on DVD, probably at the rate I'm going)

Phew!
Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving!
the idiot

coastalcutie2000 said...

Ahhh, Dear Idiot,
Thou dost protest too much! For someone who plans to rule the world in a toga, you might want to consider developing a thicker skin
(at least on yer tookas)
I jes love to tease you and yes, I did find all the HP stuff funny. So lets kiss and make up, OK?