Monday, February 05, 2007

My meyer lemons are finally ripe!

Well, all that patience has finally paid off. My little meyer lemon tree finally gave up those 2 big ole' lemons. It looks soooo bare! But the lemons are just beautiful. Thin skinned, gorgeous color, fragrant... to die for!
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, I bought myself a lemon tree in June from the Nichols Garden seed company. A lovely little tree arrived already in flower. Although it had 10 flowers, we ended up allowing only 2 lemons to grow to maturity, so that the tree wasn't too overburdened! And this week, we were rewarded with those lemons.
So tonight, there will be a lemon pie in my house! I have a recipe from the food network for Meyer Lemon Buttermilk tart, and it is delicious.
I hope everyone has a wibderful surprise in store for them, and I really hope you check out the places I talked about. They're some of my favorites, and I know that they will be yours, too!

No comments: