Monday, March 31, 2014

2014/365 Day Art challenge, art a day late

I spent the day yesterday catching up on TV, and trying to make myself a pair of slippers. I've worn out all my others, and had yarn lying about. But for the life of me, I couldn't get the patterns to adapt to my feet size. I made two large soles, ones that were pulled out and reworked several times. Alas, for some reason, the pattern wouldn't work, and I gave up. But not after I had worked on them for several hours! I don't give up easily (perhaps I should work on changing That!) Anyway as it got late I got frustrated that I had nothing to show for all my labors and sore hands... so I crocheted a hot pad. Silly, yes! Did I need a new hot pad? Maybe Could I have made something different? Yes! But I didn't.
So a day late, and most likely a dollar short, to use that old cliche' but I WAS creative yesterday! And today I started on a request from a friend for a rug... 

Man, I lead an Exciting life!

No comments: