Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2014/365 Day Art Challenge, Mid May and the sun was out!

Well, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I've been gardening, pulling weeds, trimming, and I opened up one of my raised planter boxes that had been resting over the winter. I thought I would try and plant it before the weather changes again. One of my boxes has potatoes growing throughout the entire thing, and one of the plants is nearing time to harvest~~~ the flowers are just starting to die off. It has been growing all through the winter and spring, although I couldn't really see it for the jungle... er, um, good for the potatoes! It was a nice surprise, poor untended things did fine all on their own. I have another box already started with carrots, turnips and shallots, and today I bought a purple bell pepper, just for fun, to see how it goes. I bought a thyme plant to put in a pot. But I need to get cracking and figure out what else to put out there. Soooo exciting to start off on a new season of gardening!!! There is one other box that has to be opened, and I'll do that tomorrow. So I have a lot of fresh veggies in my future. Lot of work, too, but fun!

I also joined a couple of new crafting groups over the weekend. Friendly Stitchers, and Prairie Schooler Fans. I wasn't sure if either would respond, so I did two, and they both accepted me. So this is very exciting, too! I will finally have enough to keep my hands busy I think, especially when my ceramics teacher goes on maternity leave. I don't know if either of these groups do exchanges over the holidays, but I would love it if they did. A very good way to start off a new week, don't you agree?

I hope you have a great week too, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: