Saturday, June 28, 2014

2014/365 Day art challenge, Saturday June 28th

Ahhh, don't you love Saturdays! It was nice today, really sunny, and warm, although it has been easy to forget it is summer. That rain washed away the dust, and the plants are all growing rapidly. Today I started a birthday gift for my son, Johnny. No pictures, sorry sir! You'll just have to wait to see your surprise, but you know what some of it is. I like making presents for people! I still owe one more to my aunt, but since painting isn't my strongest ability, I've been putting it off. But I can't do that any more, it isn't fair, and I promised. That is the next planned project!

My last pieces for ceramics didn't get fired on Thursday. The heat coupler for the kiln broke again, and so the teacher is going to let us come again on Tuesday in hopes of getting the last bit of work glazed and fired. Poor thing is going to pop before too long, it's a bit surprising she is still hard at work for all of us. There is a potluck planned for the class on the 10th of July, and I think she wants to have it all done by then if possible so folks can pick it up. I took her present to class on Thursday, hope she liked it.

That's it for now, so I will leave you with a photo of Abbie, and one of my sculptures. It isn't new, I know that, but I like the photo. Enjoy your Sunday!


No comments: